Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Open Letter to Constituents

Hello Fellow Tennessee Native American Indian

You know there has been a lot going on in Tennessee.
Some of it seems to have been good, some of it makes a person wonder.
Some of it makes you wonder who is actually interested in making life better for the Tennessee Native American Indian.

I understand how this can be. I, too, have wondered who was looking out for the interest of the Tennessee Native American Indian. You see, there are those who seem to not want anything good for the Native American Indians living in Tennessee. I want the best for ALL Native American Indians in Tennessee.

Then there's the question on the tip of your tongue "Who are the Native American Indians in Tennessee?"

Well, there are actually three groups to be considered when answering. There are the

Federally Recognized Native American Indians
Other State Recognized Native American Indians; and
Native American Indians who are descended from Historic Native American Indian tribes which lived in Tennessee before Europeans arrived here.
Each group has its own needs. The Tennessee Commission of Indian Affairs is in place to represent the needs of each of these groups.

Have there been those who have attempted to keep the Commission from fulfilling its purposes? YES, but we have the chance to stop the persons who are against the Native American Indian from doing more damage. We can elect Commissioners who actually have the Best interests of the Tennessee Native American Indian at heart.

I am seeking to Bless the Tennessee Native American Indian and keep their interests alive.
I am seeking the Commission seat of Middle Tennessee.

I live in Middle Tennessee, Tracy City, Tennessee. I have been a Resident of Middle Tennessee and Metro Nashville for the past 25 years. I am a member of the Chikamaka Cherokee Band of the South Cumberland Plateau and have been previously associated with the Cherokee Tribe of Northeast Alabama.

I have also worked in Tennessee Politics.
I have worked with Independents, Democrats and Republicans.
I have seen what it means to work for a better society in Tennessee.
I vote for the person and the principles on which the person stands.
I have the experience Politically, socially and culturally to represent my fellow Native American Indians not only on the Commission but also in the Halls of the State and Federal Legislatures.

On September 15, I would appreciate your YES vote for James Everett Meeks.

I look forward to seeing you and Listening to you on Saturday September 15 at Henry Horton State Park.

Best Wishes

James Everett Meeks
800-989-4691
http://jemeeks.blogspot.com/
me@jemeeks.com

No comments: